Veggies are good for you!
Side vegetables are great for accompanying any meal. Here’s a side vegetable with a “kick.” See, I always say that vegetables do not have to be boring. You can make them taste better with a little hint of flavor.
Here's the recipe.
Small head of cauliflower (broken up into small florets)
Small head of broccoli (broken up into small florets)
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 red pepper (chopped)
2 tablespoon onions (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli, lower heat and simmer 5-6 minutes. Don't over cook as you want the vegetables to be crispy and not saggy.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onions, garlic and red peppers.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except ground black pepper, and continue to sauté.
- Drain cauliflower and broccoli and add into the skillet and sauté until all is well mixed.
- Add ground black pepper to taste.